[amayausers.com] Re: colume with one uneven side

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:51:29 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/556.html#000002

Kathy,

If you are trying to use the "random edge tool" in effects, make sure that the
two fills that you are working with have exactly the same stitch direction
assigned to them and that there is " no" pull comp being used.

If pull comp is beng used on a fill, you will get those long stitches sticking
out of both sides of the fill but only in the direction of the stitch.

If I get the gist of what you are trying to do...I might try to do it this
way.....create the full size square with the complex fill tool, set your stitch
direction at 90 degrees, input opposing straight line wireframe points ...one
on the center of the top edge of the square and one in the center of the bottom
edge of the square.

Now left click on one of these center wireframe points, hold down the control
key and select the other one, use the "split element" tool to split the square
into two pieces. Add a color break between these two elements and go into fill
properties for each fill individually and assign random edge 1 to one half and
random edge 2 to the other half....the percentage you want the edge to
spread/flare/separate will be your choice to enter.....

Rod springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer