[amayausers] Re: color change stepper problems?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:26:21 UT

This message was posted by Dianne on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/143.html

Good Morning, All!
   I have a problem w/ my machine (older Amaya, not the XT) that has kept me
awake most of the night.  Last Thursday I had a certified Melco tech in my area
tune up my machine.  It had not been done in awhile--no particular problems,
just trying to make sure everything is fine & trying to catch any obvious
problems before they became major problems.
   He tuned up the machine--belt tension, etc. Nothing major found.  Started
the test sewout in Melco designs--sewed beautifully.  The next day when I began
to sew on various different designs, on different fabrics, I had continual
thread breaks.  Even tried designs I had already stitched out, thread breaks
continued.
   Called the tech Friday afternoon & he agreed to come back this week.
   Over the weekend I tried everything I knew to help w/ the situation:  Needle
orientation, material thickness, etc.  I didn't do anything different that I
had not already done before.  But it did sew better.
   In the middle of a design the machine stopped w/ a thread break error. The
thread wasn't broken but my presser foot is suddenly sitting between 2 needles.
   The tech talked me through several things in the steppers to try to get it
to go home.  It would go, correct itself, then the presser foot would be
off-center when it moved again.
   It's giving several color change stepper errors and now will not respond or
move at all!
   The tech says my color change sensor has gone bad & I need to replace it.
Will cost me the part & more $ for the visit. Also will be down for several
days or pay more for shipping.
   He said he didn't do anything that could have caused the machine to do this.
I realize the timing of this may just have been a coincidence.
    Anyone else had this problem?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  I don/t
have accesss to my email through the day.  If there is a tech that could call
me, I would really appreciate the input.  1-704-473-1151 (Verizon cell #).  If
you call, I will take your # & call you back to avoid you paying long distance
charges.
    Thanks to everyone for any help!   Dianne