[amayausers] Re: cleaning up 'stock' designs

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:21:11 -0400

I'm not sure what version it is-got the last upgrade in January and
have kept it at whatever level it is...I think that's when they added
the autotension feature and supposedly the redundant feature (if you
set it up, with extra needles in same color-thread breaks, program
jumps to the 'backup' spool and needle) but I haven't looked for nor
wanted to try that out.
Since the disasters 2 years ago trying to use the multiple name list
feature I tend to steer clear of any 'funny stuff'. Still do all our
'names' one at a time....even orders up to 150 names!
I'm working on a company logo right now...took me about a half hour
to 'build it' as vector line art on my mac, transfered as a jpg to
Design shop. Then all I had to do is click on each piece one at a
time and auto convert. Then go back and convert what it THOUGHT it
should be to complex fill.
Took maybe 15 minutes for all that...last thing to do is try and make
'circles' from 1/2" down to 1/4" look as though they are a blend from
yellow to red...
nothing in the program is doing it so I am making 'half moons' in a
satin stitch to lay over the top of each one.
Then off to do a sewout and 30 fleece blankets tomorrow!
Sent off another file to get an estimate on outside digitizing...$75
'with' 1st time customer discount. Not going to happen-for a 36 piece
hat order?
I'll do it myself in an hour or so.
Covered bridge, bunch of trees, state outline, arc type over and
under....8 colors....we'll see!

Roland