[amayausers.com] Re: baseball caps

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:45:35 UT

This message was posted by Mr. Sew & Sew on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/218.html

Hi folks - looking for some guidance on caps.

I've shyed away from them because I have a lot of problems sewing them. I know,
I know, it's my fault, not the machine, but when you get 2 or 3  good ones out
of 10 in 3 hours, you move on to something that you can actually make money on.

Now I have a school of 700 students that may want 100+ of these so I am
determined to either learn how to do these or at least have someone else do
them for me so as not to lose the business.  My first step is to find the cap I
want to work with.

I'm going through the SanMar catalog trying to find a nice cap that would work
for both youth and adults.  It has to be Navy and there is only text going on
the caps so I don't think that will be an issue.  Is there a specific cap that
you prefer for sewing ease?  Should I assume 5 panel structured is easier to
sew on than six panel because it eliminates the front seam?

thanks for all the help and advice on these boards.

Tom Dauria
Mr. Sew & Sew