[amayausers.com] Re: applique questions

  • From: "Itchin To Stitch" <itchin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 16:06:57 -0600

I make my own templates all the time when I'm doing a onsie-twosie job. I also
use Heat-n-Bond to adhere the applique' pieces, much better for my machine than
spray adhesive.  An applique' iron is also helpful and you can usually aquire
one for 40-50% off if you watch fabric store sales flyers. The whole process is
pretty easy to do........ I separate the outline stitch and send to the
machine. Then I trace the required hoop on cardstock, cut it out and tape to
the hoop from the bottom. You will not be using the inner hoop at all. I then
turn off all thread detection and pull up the thread feed lever on the needle
I'm going to use, pull the thread over so it's not contacting the roller, pull
the thread out of the needle eye, take my bobbin case out and let her roll. You
will most likely need to run the outline a few times to penetrate the card so
it's easier to cut. I have a very good and expensive little scissors that can
get into an tight places but you basically follow the holes of the outline
stitch. Hopefully this will make sense, if not you can always call one of us.
Wendy Solomonson
Itchin' To Stitch
Arlington, MN
(507)964-2224