[amayausers.com] Re: applique questions

  • From: Lee & Barbara Ott <digitalstitchz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 19:58:50 -0800

Answer to the other question, we have taken several Dakota Collectibles designs
and converted them to applique. Particularly if large fill designs... we taken
the water polo/ volleyball jacket back turned it into an applique and let the
shading sew over the applique it looks great.  The only difference to how we do
it; we have a laser and cut them exact and just match it up to the outline.

Digital Stitchz
905 Texas Street
Fairfield, CA 94533
(707) 426-9963 Phone
(707) 426-9983 FAX
Embroidery, Applique, Vinyl Lettering & numbers, Screenprinting & Laser
Engraving

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:42:13 -0800From: suried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[amayausers.com] Re: applique questionsTo: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not stupid questions.If  I am doing just a few shirts, I let the machine stitch
the outline placement stitch.  I then cut a piece of fabric that will cover it
plus a little extra.  Let the machine do the tackdown and stop the machine.  I
then trim the extra fabric away, put back on machine and let it stitch the
satin stitch.If you are doing lots of shirts, I hoop a piece of fabric and I
use spray adhesive (make sure to use far away from the machine) on a piece of
cardstock.  Stick the cardstock to the fabric and just stitch (you don't even
need to use thread) the outline stitch of the applique.  Cut or punch this
template out from the cardstock and this is your template for the actual size
and shape of fabric you need.Hope that all makes sense.
 Susan RiedlingerEmbroidery StationColumbus, OH

----- Original Message ----From: Darlene Weber <image_maker31@xxxxxxxxx>To:
Amaya <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Wednesday, March 5, 2008 12:33:58
PMSubject: [amayausers.com] applique questions
I have never done an applique with the Amayas.

I have Dakota Collectible set and was wondering exactly how appliquing is done
using one of those designs.  I guess I understand the tracing stitch it does,
but how does everyone get the material pre cut to place when the machine
pauses????  Is it possible to make a design in Dakota Collectibles an applique
if is not already an applique??/

these are probably stupid questions, but I was just wondering!

Thanks!