[amayausers] Re: Your Registry

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 06:05:08 UT

This message was posted by HERB on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/22.html

There has been some discussion about the Registry and the pro's and con's of
delving into it at whatever level you are comfortable with. Let me state first
that I am not an expert in this area. I have two computers at this time. One
NOT on the internet that runs DS/OS as well as Corel 9 & Adobe Illustrator.
That is all this machine does. There is no bundled software on it. It came as
an operating system and then I put the programs on it. The other machine is one
of those that you buy in the box. Came with bundled software, ready for the
web, plug and play (P&P). NOTICE HERE- Virus/AntiSpy/Adware protection from the
moment it was plugged in.  This machine began to have glitches within weeks.
Wife playing POGO, downloading songs, recipes, surfing the web, the general
things one does. The other machine took longer to develop issues. After some
research I discovered a progam called Registry Mechanic. Ran the version on
their website and found 600+ issues in the P&P registry. Purc
 hased a full version and ran it, end result---P&P ran like it was new. I run
this on both computers now and with positive results.
Some folks have been commenting on DS crashing and the first thought is, Oh my
a bug in the program. I have not had a version of DS crash since 5.07.018 and I
have been through several since then. This corresponds with the time I began
using a registry repair program.
What this boils down to (IMHO) is we ask our computers to do so much and I for
one do not have the time/energy/knowledge to edit my registry to make the dang
thing work like it is supposed to.
DISCLOSURE-I