[amayausers] Re: You ever just have one of those nights?

  • From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:23:48 -0600

Herb,
        I have no problem sharing my order form with the group because we're all
here with an interest in gaining knowledge in the industry.  I don't think
anyone has any malicious intents here.  Besides, aren't you on the other
side of the country?  :) LOL    We all obviously know what to ask our
customers to get the job done right, I'm more interested in how it's
documented for others in the process to interpret - in addition to trying to
determine if we are offering entirely too much to our customers for our own
good.  I visited a lady two states away the other day and she simply asks
the customer what color they want the embroidery to be.  Customer replies
with something like... blue, red, yellow, possibly light blue.  No color
charts involved.  Then she goes into the back and SHE determines which shade
of "light blue" thread she's going to use.  Of course, I'm not there to hear
the customer say something like "That's not what I thought it was going to
look like".  You can't please all the people all the time.........

        As for the order form, just know that I'm off to Dallas, or should I say
Plano, Tx. in about 30 minutes.  Got those Design Shop/Amaya OS classes to
visit.  So I'll contact you when I return - which could be next week.  If I
learn anything gossip worthy, like who's datin' who, I'll let you guys know.
Thanks,
Ed

Ed & Maralien Orantes
E.M. Broidery