[amayausers] Re: Wish I could get the acti-feed to work

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:08:02 -0500

We noticed immediately using Auto tension that the 'numbers' were way
below what we normally
would have set the manual tension to.
Yet everything is running much better!  Hats we were told to run
15-20 or even higher, to get a decent
sewout...on auto tension they are running below 10!
And pique shirts at 2-3 or 4, totally normal.
If the thread is puckering the material too tight, loosen the bobbin
a little or change to a firmer
backing-works for me!
This all was brought up earlier this year, and a melco tech and
someone else also jumped in
and said to ignore the numbers in the window (Don't look at the man
behind the curtain!) LOL
If it is running good, sewout looks good....who cares what the number
says!
But I have noticed it does run a lot lower than what I thought it would.
Now Sunday we were over at Mary's, she has a higher version of Amaya
OS and Design shop
than I do on her 'rebuilt' Amaya original...and the 'graph' on the
autotension window was
going crazy...as though 'mine' is reading settings only to the full
number (2, up to 4, down to 3)
while her window was showing what you would think were
fractions...the line was up and down (like
2.4, 2.6, 3, 3.5, 2.7, etc.) if you wanted to read it that way. Must
be the 'graph line' is a lot more sensitive.

Also noticed in her Designshop...the 3-D view button...the image
REALLY looks better-actual 'shadows' to define
the thread patterns, you can see the 'stitch line' through the colors
to follow for adding detail, etc.

Roland