[amayausers.com] Re: What hoop

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 23:33:28 UT

This message was posted by Mama Kass on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1617.html#000002

If you go to www.shopmelco and search "hoop 43", the three largest will come
up.  The 53 x 43 requires extender arms that are very pricey; the whole package
is over $400.  This provided the largest sew area at the time the I bought my
equipment.  I now see that they have a 43 x 53 which doesn't require arms
because it's oriented 90 degrees from the old one.  It seems to me that this
might require a table-top accessory to minimize bouncing - does any one know?
I've had my eye on it  for a while.
The 53cm width on the largest hoop is deceptive because the Amaya can only move
to about 8" either side of the x axis, so the limit that direction is a bit
over 16".  Since about 16" is the y axis limit for a 43cm tall hoop, the
maximum size for these is a bit more than 16"x16" - except where the rounded
corners reduce the size.
I'd love to know if the full 20" vertical can be used with the 43 x 53 hoop if
anyone knows.
My hoop limits, as they show up on the screen, are rectangular even though the
hoop has rounded corners, so I have digitized a walk stitch with the actual
limits so I know exactly how far I can place stitches in the corners since the
hoop limits won't detect stitches in theses corners.  I hope this makes sence.