[amayausers] Re: WACF use with XT

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 00:13:09 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/8/67.html#000001

LuAnn,

I have been seeing some of the problems that you mentioned while we have been
on tech calls lately.

Stay with the XT Extended cap driver designation.

The real problem seems to result from the little stand-off on the cap bill hold
down system on the cap frame. Once you have the cap hooped and then flex the
bill of the cap forward and try to secure it with the slider clamp, it then
wants to push the cap off the teeth  of the frame and then the cap will just
fall loose....

At a couple of customers lately, we removed the little stand-off which then
allowed a deeper bite on the style of cap they were using and then the frame
was usable. One must be cafeful to be fully aware of where the edge of the cap
frame is under the cap and be careful not to run the design too low in the
sewing field to where a needle strike results or the presser foot starts
banging on the metal toothed edge of the frame.

The little stand-off is supposed to position the cap so that the area from the
crown to the bill will sit perfectly flat on the sewing arm which will then
allow the presser foot to be used just as you would with flats and the speed
could be increased too..

The little stand-off is easily removed by taking two little nuts off the back
side of the verticle bill clamping system and can be replaced just as
easily.....try this and I believe you will see that it may solve your immediate
problem. Just be careful to feel where the toothed edge of the cap frame is and
always do a trace to make sure there is clearance.

Rod Springer
Melco Amaya Tech and Trainer