[amayausers] WACF really LOUD on wider satin stitches...

  • From: Peter Strike <strikesystems@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 08:32:42 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I just wanted to check on something.  I've known that when I do hats
its usually louder than doing flats.  But I'm doing some large
lettering with say .2" wide satin stitches.

When she sews the vertical columns (hence the satin stiches are moving
left to right down the column) its not too loud.  However when sewing a
horizontile column (hence the satin stitches are moving .2" up and down
across the hat) it's VERY loud.

I've noticed when the wacf hoop is clicked on the machine, if I grab
onto the metal plate/tab on the bottom center of the hoop, I can move
that tab forward and back about 1/2mm-1mm.  This 1/2mm of "play" seems
to be responsible for the loud noise on those "up and down" satin
stitches.  The noise seems to be coming from the top of the cap frame
and possibly even the rod which slides through the cap frame (I can't
recall the name of the rod, but it's the one we oil for maintenance). I
may just be going crazy, but I'm wondering if over time this noise has
become louder.  (Obviously, I understand that certain designs with wide
width columns are significantly louder).

Is there something i'm missing that I could tighten to make it run
smoother, tighter, and quieter?  I meant to send this last night, and
today my Father came by and got to see her run for the first time, and
he couldn't believe how loud it was, and thought there MUST be
something wrong.  "I've been around machines my entire life..." he
said, Oh, just like Dad to throw some of his wisdom like he used to do
all the time!  So I had to send this now to see if I can make any
adjustments.

Any help appreciated,
Peter
Logo Stitch