[amayausers.com] Re: UPIC

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 08:30:50 -0400

Hi Debbie...I'll post this through the freelist
for newcomers that are wondering also...you can also
for more info.
UPIC is a non-profit, no-charge service to businesses that
'resell' decorating, enhanced, printed, embroidered products-
anything that has 'value added' by way of a company logo, etc.
It is totally FREE and to sign up go to www.upic.org
very simple to join-just prove you are a 'business', not a company
trying to get around a sales rep...(they ask for fax copies of invoices
from your suppliers-like Sanmar, Broder, Melco, etc. to prove you
buy 'wholesale') if you have any problems doing it on line-just give
them a phone call and they will be glad to help you out. Works
everytime. Then be ready-you will start getting email flyers from dozens
of ad specialty companies every day, and there is a service one a year
I think for $90 or $95- that puts your business name and address in the
mailing list for several thousand suppliers...so in January your mail box starts filling up. This is where you can compile a listing of anything your
client can think of with their name on it...we created our own computer
database with basic info on every catalog that comes in-so I can look up
whatever is needed and go to the right catalog. today I have to find
custom ceramic coffee mugs with a 'barber pole' for a handle for one
new account.
Ad specialties can add several thousand dollars a year to your profit line with little or no work. Since you already have your clients logo for embroidery,
a simple graphic program might be all you need to generate the artwork
to send in an order. And the big secret...DO NOT EVER SEND IN AN ORDER
WITHOUT AT LEAST 50% DEPOSIT FROM THE CLIENT!
YOU are the one on the hook if they get the goods and don't pay. I also never have goods sent to the client if they are within driving distance-I have it sent to me-so I can double check for quality, AND get the customer in my office (or I go to theirs) for face to face delivery and to get the balance due and possible
another order!
Another trick-if they aren't an embroidery client already but use you for ad specialty items-embrodier their logo AND yours on an inexpensive but good totebag (Sanmar has all kinds) or 'emergency stadium blanket' for a couple bucks-and deliver their order IN the bag for free. 75% of the time I get an order for the bags or blankets!

More info later if you need it...

Roland R. Irish III

www.sunrisegraphics.org
Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
Check out our 'instant' catalogs
http://www.plasticpromotions.com/?ID=SS850825D
http://www.healthypromotions.com/?ID=SS850825D
http://www.thewritepromotion.com/?ID=SS850825D

Hey Roland, how goes it!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna be stupid here and ask...what is the UPIC #? Would you need to order a great deal to get a good price? And last but certainly not least? Do they have sample pix on their web site? THANKS!! Good hearing from you...hope you are feeling better!! Debbie