[amayausers] Re: Tshirt embroidery

  • From: "Shuffletown Embroidery" <shuffemb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:19:46 -0500

I've been pleasantly surprised at some of my embroidery results on tees.
I use 2 layers of poly mesh backing, criss-cross the direction of the grain;
i.e., one layer placed with the grain perpendicular, one with the grain
horizontal.  Use solvy on top.
Lower the density of the design. I increase the spacing of the fills (I
don't speak Design Shop so I'm trying to be generic) from .36mm to .38 or
.40 mm between rows. Add underlay to make up the difference. Make sure that
the fill does not run up and down, which makes it sink into the knit. You
may want to lengthen the stitches a little, too. Change the spacing on satin
stitch columns. They can be up to 10% looser without negligible effect.
Increase the pull compensation a little, particularly on narrow columns, but
I usually do it to all columns.
Use the smallest hoop that fits the design.
If the design has many layers (armor-like) you may have to accept the fact
that some designs just aren't suitable for light-weight knits.
Hope this helps.
Mary

Mary Buckle
Shuffletown Embroidery