[amayausers] Re: Trimmer problems, HELP PLEASE

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 21:27:38 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/142.html#000005

May I ask what format your are using?  And what software did you use to create
yur design?

The reason I ask is that I just did 61 shirts that only had 11 trims per shirt
and ended up having 6 or 7 thread breaks PER SHIRT!  Each time it would LOOK
LIKE it trimmed, but just didn't cut at all or partially cut the thread.
Sometimes it would drag and snap the needle, but most of the time it would just
drag and I'd have to stop and cut it myself. Just about drove me crazy!  I got
the job done, but it was not fun!

In preparation to call tech help, I went in and looked at the design to count
exactly how many trims there actually were.  Low and behold, not one trim was
in there.  Now this is not the first time I ran this job, but I did have to go
in and change the year.  Well, in my fooling around with it in Embird, and
changing the format from dst to pes (or whatever I did) the trims all got lost!
 I do not have Design Shop so make do with what I do have, which is Generations
and Embird.

So, what I'm saying is that if you don't use Design Shop, it is probably the
file.  I was able to use Embird to put back all the trims and jumps and then it
worked like a charm - no thread breaks at all.

This has been an ongoing problem for me, but with this hair-pulling experience
fresh in my mind, I will be sure to check the file for trim codes.  Could be
your problem because what you have described is exactly what was happening to
me.

Juli in Kona