[amayausers] Re: Trimmer problems

  • From: "Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:52:03 -0700

Wendy,
This is Rod. I would like to take a look at the design. Can you send it to
me?

Just recently I ran into this same type of a problem with another member of
the group. I had recently performed some work on his machine but he started
having trim problems in just one part of his design and it was also in the
lettering. Changing the lock stitch seemed to help out with the problem. His
machine trimmed fine everywhere else, just the lettering was giving him a
problem......sound familiar?  I would like to compare the similarities
between his design and yours. I would like to make a couple of adjustments
and then have you try the change(s) to see if it will help.......

 I have found that sometimes just a very minor adjustment in letter density
or stitch length or lock stitch will make a difference in trimming in some
of the lettering. I suspect the culprit is slack in the thread as the
moveable knife is picking up the thread and somehow misaligning it with the
cutting area of the blades.....kind of like a pair of worn out scissors will
scrunch a piece of thread between the blades and not make a clean cut.......

Rod Springer
Mel Trained Technician/Owner
(Design Shop Pro+ Digitizing)
Boise, ID