[amayausers] Re: Towels (You're the man!!! $1.50 plus $5 hoopcharge)

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 16:01:00 -0700

I've been following this thread since I too
make most of my money as a screenprinter
So Eduardo I know you understand English
better than you can write it.
So your saying that you paid $0.59 each
for a 4 color back print and a 1 color left chest print
and $30 for art?
and then you said you were selling the shirts at the cost of the shirt
plus the .583 for the printing? So that means you were selling
shirts at your cost, since the shirt costs you X amount and the printing cost you .59 cents each so I'm not sure where you made any money?
how many did you have to print to get this cost?
and if I understood this right, your guy is out of business?
maybe I'm understanding why...
is this in the United States?
because if not it's kind of comparing apples to oranges.
I can be busier than ever if I sold things as cheap but I wouldn't be
in business long since I couldn't cover my overhead costs
at that rate. Most printers who contract printing are using Auto
presses that will average 20 to 30 dozen 1 to 14 color prints and hour
it's those guys that us smaller guys have trouble competing with.
when a job for 100 pieces takes 10 minutes you can print for $30 to $40 bucks
but after that you need to keep the presses pumping every working minute
to make money.

Not being offensive to you in anyway
but it can definitely be hard to compete in printing or embroidery when people aren't taking there cost into account
and pricing against those of us who are.

Ron Vinyard
Body Cover / Magic Stitches
1-888-435-0176
541-471-1504