[amayausers.com] Re: Top thread pulling thru/ bobbin thread break

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 20:16:00 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/609.html#000005

"I tightened the thing with the adjustment tool that retains the bobbin in
position in the bobbin basket area " ?????????

Tightened the thing.....with the adjustment tool?????? Hummmmm....does this
mean that you adjusted the rotary hook retaining support finger using the flat
metal guage supplied in your starter kit?

The support finger keeps the rotary hook basket from spinning freely. It must
be gauged with the gauge tool which is approximately 21 thousands thick.
Failure to have this gap will result with  machine sewing malfuctions such as
what you have been describing.

Check your Parts and Tech CD ....it very clearly describes how to check your
hok timing and how to set the gap on the support finger .

I know you are new or appear to be new to this field but it would be helpful
for you to take a look at the parts CD and be able to identify the parts by
name...there are just way too many "things" on this machine... ;-))

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer