[amayausers] Re: Tips for sewing on nylon waterproof jackets...

  • From: "Sales staff" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:13:55 -0700

Lisa
Teflon or titanium needles are NOT required.
They just work better because of the properties of nylon
it is such a tightly woven material and being a form of plastic
it really heats your needles up,
these needles you talked about are stronger under high heat conditions
and drag  less going in and out of the material creating less friction,
less friction, less heat.
You may want to wrap your jacket hoops with a small wrap of cloth or
athletic tape. since they will be very easy to slip and create more issues.

Go slow until you get comfortable,
remember to remind customers regarding "waterproof" Jackets.
That as soon as you embroider them they will no longer BE Waterproof.

Funny what a few thousand holes in material will do to the "waterproof" aspect
: )

Good Luck.

Sincerely,  Ron Vinyard
Owner, Graphic Designer

Body Cover Design Screenprinting
Magic Stitches Embroidery

420  S.W. "H" Street
Grants Pass, OR  97526-2532  USA

www.bodycoverdesign.com
1-888-435-0176 Toll Free
1-541-471-1504 Local
1-541-471-0427 Fax

All outgoing e-mail certified Virus-Free
by Norton Internet Security 2004
updated weekly.