[amayausers] Re: Threading machine

  • From: OnleeJudy@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 23:03:11 EST

I don't know if your machine is already threaded and you want to change
colors, but if you do, there is a quick and easy way to cheat.

Let's say you have red thread on #8, and you need to change it to  yellow.

Lift the red spool off of the machine and cut the thread, leaving about 12
to 15 inches of red hanging out of the thread tube.

Put the yellow thread spool onto #8.

Pick up the red thread, make a loop in it, and pass the tail through the
loop (making the beginning of an overhand knot).

Pass the yellow thread through the loop, and pull at least 6 inches of
yellow through.

Pull the red thread knot closed around the yellow thread.

Lift up the pinch roller for #8.

Go to the needle, grab the red thread and start pulling.

When the knot gets to the needle, you'll need to give a slight tug behind
the needle.

The knot will pass through.

You will feel like David Copperfield.

I STILL love this trick (learned here on this list).

If this isn't what you were looking for, please ignore this  novel.