[amayausers.com] Re: Thread "Snap" when trimming

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 20:22:46 UT

This message was posted by Ballyhoo on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/705.html#000002

Can someone clearly explain how digitizing affects trims.  I ran 100 50/50
t-shirts with a left chest logo and a right sleeve logo.  I digitized both
logos.  There were no problems with the left chest sewing.  However, the
sleeves were a major hassle.  Constant thread breaks and missed trims.  I have
three red pre-XT Amayas.  Two had fewer problems than the third.  It was the
same material, same backing, same presser foot settings, same OS settings
(except for colors), and the small letters were not as small as the ones on the
front.  When I was finally done, I ran AMPASS.exp on the machine with the most
problems.  Same thread, same needles.  Not a break and not a missed trim!  So,
it seems to me that the problems are in the digitizing.  I think I can figure
out the problems with the thread breaks, but I do not understand the
relationship (if there is one) of the digitizing to missed trims.  Thanks.

David Sklar
Ballyhoo!
Arlington VA