[amayausers.com] Re: Thread of choice??

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:27:23 UT

This message was posted by Steve on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/240.html#000002

I don't use MelcoMart for that reason, I usually can't wait 5 days for every
order. when they were ARC many years ago, they had 4 locations, Denver, LA,
Charlotte, and Chicago. I could choose Charlotte or Chicago, either one was 2
days UPS ground. They closed them all except Denver so no more MelcoMart for me
unless I need hoops. I use several suppliers for backing, bobbins, and needles
in Maryland which are one day UPS shipping. As far as RA thread, I hate it. Way
too many thread breaks. I have used Isacord for about 10 years which runs with
very little trouble. It does cost about $2 more for a 5000m cone but it's worth
it to me to not have to stop when I'm running a 72 piece job that is due out
the next day because of thread breaks.

It would be nice to see them open a shipping location on the east coast
somewhere. I know they have lost a lot of business by making people wait 5 days
for shipments from Denver.
Or at least offer free UPS 3 day select for orders over $100 which would ease
the pain.