[amayausers.com] Re: Thread of choice??

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:09:19 +0000

Margarett,
Here is a place in Texas that you can purchase Isacord thread from if you need
it shipped quickly.
They are located in Richardson, Tx. which is very close to Dallas.
http://www.threadetc.com/isacord.html
Can't say their prices are best but they ARE a supplier and are good about
having items in stock.
We used to use Isacord exclusively but found it leaves a residue buildup on the
face of the Amaya from where the thread rubs against it.  This was also
identified in other embroidery shops running Amayas.  (I'm a tech)  This fact
had me concerned about the thread treatment contaminating the thread feed
rollers over time which would increase maintenance intervals.
Now we use Madeira, yes it is pricy, and pass it on to customers, but are
happy.  Like Aaron, we also have many other spools of Robinson Anton (R/A) and
ARC thread here and there from years past.

My one and a half cents.

Ed Orantes is "Stitchin' 4 Scratch"
-The Embroidery Authority-
"If I don't know the answer to your question,... I don't know the answer to
your question."
504-258-6260