[amayausers.com] Re: Thread fraying/breaking

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 01:19:43 UT

This message was posted by Dianne on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/642.html

Good evening, all.  I'm doing a left chest logo that is fraying thread, then
it's breaking with a snap. The logo is upper and lower case letters,
Elegans-DAK font.  These are my specs:
.35 size
100% letter width
stitch length 25
4.5 density
short stitches off
underlay is centerealk 25 pt.
Pull comp 120%
Column width 2
I'm using auto acti-feed(lower limit at 4), a 70/10 BP needle, 40 wt. thread,
one layer of no-show mesh backing since the entire design is less than 3000
stitches.  The shirt is an Outer Banks polo shirt.  I've checked needle
orientation, throat plate centering--what do I need to change?????????  They
also want this same logo on hats!  All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
 Dianne