[amayausers] Re: Thread feeder roller problem

  • From: <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 07:10:50 -0700

Ed,

Thread breaks a thing of the past......me thinks that you have been sniffing too much thread dust lately!

I am coming to a conclusion that the MAJORITY of the thread break issues that I encounter are "coversion" related design issues. By that I mean when I select a design other than one I have created myself, it is invaribly a design in exp format and/or it has already been saved in an ofm format and changed to wireframe, etc, etc, etc. This is where I will start having problems, especially with columns in the design. I usually wind up redigitizing problem areas of the design, I guess you could read that as "heavy editing", but it usually solves the problem.

Rod Springer

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:04 , 'E. Orantes' <e3m@xxxxxxx> sent:

Yeah,...  well, I believe what you say but I wonder if they meant when you install the new roller to "gently press on the thread feed gear" as you roll it into position?  That's my guess.  If you want to spin the roller in place, the only quick way to do this is to hit the "Laser pointer" button and the "arrow up" button at the same time.  This is what I used to call the "200 point thread spit."  I say this because we were taught that it was an automatic way to get 200 pts of thread advanced on the active needle.  I measured it recently and it's way more that 200 points.  Maybe I was measuring wrong or maybe I heard wrong in class.  There are 254 points in an inch and you get about 3 and a half inches of thread.  Go figure.
    Oh well, doesn't really matter anyway because it's not really a practical feature for us.  When we need extra thread, we lift the red roller, pull out an arms length of thread, and lower the roller back down.  I've heard there was a theory that there were people out there who were not lifting the red roller high enough when pulling on the thread and as a result were cutting grooves in the thread feed roller.  I think that's hogwash as you've got to be a real accurate bozo to not lift the red roller high enough when pulling out extra thread for thread breaks.
    How's everyone doing with thread breaks?  I haven't heard a great deal about thread breaks in a long time.  Could they be a thing of the past???  Yeah right!  To many factors, so little time.
Ed