[amayausers.com] Re: Thread breaks on XTs

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 04:14:32 UT

This message was posted by Judy on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/679.html#000001

Hi Bill.  I pulled my hair out UNTIL
   I learned that stabilizer/backing is NOT optional;
   That the needle eye MUST FACE exactly forward, or EVER SO SLIGHTLY to the
right (like about 1 minute after 12:00);
   Learning to trust the auto acti-feed instead of insisting on the manual
setting;
   Learning to get that fabric thumping tight;
   AND switching to a good quality poly thread.

I have had the best luck with Robison Anton thread, Organ titanium needles,
NEBs plastic sided bobbins OR Coats and Clarks cardboard-sided bobbins, and a
minimum of two-ounce cutaway backing.

Keep the bobbin case clean;
Oil the hook daily before you start;
Make certain you're not in a dry environment that causes static electricity
build up; and
Make sure the acti-feed rollers and pinch rollers are lubed and clean and
groove-free.

As long as I do all of the above, I have no problems.  As soon as the hook
starts to get the tiniest bit dry -- snap, pop, thread break!