[amayausers.com] Re: Thread Sensor Assembly - One Works Well, One Not So Well

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 21:40:25 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/406.html

Hey Tech Friends...

I have two machines roughly the same vintage (2003) that are same in almost
every respect - except the readings for actifeed when sewing the same design.

Both have the upgraded Thread Sensor Assembly that replaced the original (I did
that a year or more ago).

I've made things as equal as I possibly can sewing on the same type of garment,
same bobbin spider walk, same oiled hook.  I've cleaned both machines out,
greased at the same time etc.

Yet, Machine 1 sews beween 1-4 on actifeed while machine two sews between 3-8.
Of course, machine 2's sew quality looks better.  When I set the minimum
Material Thickness on Machine 1 to 3, it goes then between 3-5 and the quality
is pretty much the same as machine two (so at least we can use it).

So, the million dollar question - what should I check at this point.  I thought
I might have overtighened the two screws that attach the thread break sensor
but they seem fine.

Where to go from here (other than ordering a replacement Thread Break
Assembly)?  It feels like the end of the week because I can't pull any answers
right now.

P.S. Just in case you were thinking - did this just happen - what changed...
Machine 2 has always sewed out just a little better and I've never bothered to
mess with it.  What is it about the handymans house being the last to get
fixed?  My brilliant wife today was the one who noticed that the Material
Thickness was running different between the two.  I think we just had a design
today that made everything a little more obvious.  It's not that the first
machine looks bad - it's just that the second looks BETTER  ;)   Thought I'd
finally try to put this issue to bed.