[amayausers.com] Re: Thread Pops out of Thread Feeder Roller Cover Groove

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:39:43 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/732.html#000014

Hi Rod and Sharon,

Thanks for the words of wisdom.  I learn so much from you seasoned
professionals that make my learning curve as small as possible.  Thank you!

I am aware about the pros and cons about rayon and polyester.....that's why I
have both and many other thread types.

This project is a silk quilt that won't be washed or subject to wear and tear.
In addition to that....using man made polyester thread on natural silk
charmeuse, dupioni and brocade would be considered not appropriate by
some.....mais non, jamais!  The XT passed the test of using fine thread and
fabric with just one layer thin non-adhesive drapeable backing

I am not new to embroidery....just new to a commercial machine like the XT.  I
have over 10 years of digitizing and embroidery experience with my home
machines.  I want to see what experience I can transfer to the use of the XT.

I'm very pleased that I am able to use the XT with these fabrics and thread.
I've got more projects planned with other types of threads, fabrics and
backings that will test the ability of this fine machine.

Thanks!
Ed