[amayausers] Re: Thread Breaks/ Maintenance Schedule

  • From: HTorbidoni@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:06:47 EST

Jeff,
Can't agree more with what was just posted. Several weeks ago I repaired a
machine that I spent at least an hour wiping down because the adhesive spray
acts light a magnet, attracting dust to it and to the machine. The cutout on
the
Z-index PCB , (A circuit board that is crucial to all the calibration aspects
of the machine) had such a build up of lint and dust that it was no wonder the
machine was not operating well.

Establishing a Daily and Weekly General Maintenance Schedule is very
important. Look the machine over, check your hoops for loose screws, are all
the
thread tubes connected to the back of the feeder rollers? Are there any cones
of
thread out of the tube and hanging there waiting to be wrapped up into the head
or behind the rotary hook?  A clean work environment and good ventilation will
keep the lint and dust to a controllable level as well.

Anyway suffice it to say that Jeff's comments are right on target.

Very well put.

Hugo Torbidoni

Melco Tech
Amaya, EMT, EMC