[amayausers.com] Re: Tech in Ohio

  • From: "Michele Zimmer" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:38:31 -0400

Melco gave me a guy named Jeff in West Jefferson, Ohio I think it was.

He's coming Thursday and is about 3 hours away.  My husband says West
Jefferson is near Columbus

937-631-8917

He seems really nice on the phone, also has an embroidery shop and three
XT's.

I was on the phone with a tech at Melco for almost an hour and they thought
the motherboard was bad.  I called Jeff so he could come and fix everything
and to make sure that was really what was wrong.  That is a lot of money and
I'm not under warranty anymore.  And I was also going to have to update my
software because the new boards won't work with the old software.  So it was
probably going to be close to $2,000.  My husband checked out the
motherboard, pushing on the chips to make sure they were still seated and we
tried again and it worked!!!  I'm so thrilled because I don't do enough
business to pay for that much in repairs.  I called him back right away and
said to please still come and do the roller upgrade and clean and check it
out, but don't order the motherboard.  Mine is a 2002 and one of the first
ones out.  I am grateful it lasted this long without major problems.

Michele Zimmer

Carefree Creations

 <mailto:Michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 <http://www.CarefreeCreations.com> www.CarefreeCreations.com