[amayausers.com] Re: Talk about a clodfoot

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 15:40:45 UT

This message was posted by oldkush on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/273.html#000007

The Amaya does require a dongle but that is an exception in commercial
embroidery machines, not the rule. For us who do not like dongles, the simple
solution is not to purchase an Amaya.

As far as software ... there indeed are full working versions of pirated dongle
protected embroidery software available. I personally know of someone who has
pirated copies of Wilcom and Pulse.  Both were free and work just fine.

He downloaded one from some group he belongs to and the other came from a
common download site like Limewire [or something like that].

You are right, he obviously has no technical support but as far as I know, he
has never needed any.

I do not use pirated software and certainly would not encourage others to use
it but to suggest that no one has ever been able to make dongle protected
software work without the dongle ... in my experience is not true.

I use Embird and for those looking for good digitizing, lettering, managing
software that doesn't use a dongle, check it out at www.embird.com
(http://www.embird.com)

Don't let the price fool you, Embird is very good software and has more support
groups than any other embroidery software.

Bob