[amayausers] Sticky Backing

  • From: <dsklar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:12:32 -0500 (CDT)

Just a heads up when using sticky backing...  I just did a lettering job with
large letters down the sleeve of a sport jacket.  I used my fast frame sleeve
frame with self stick backing.  Everything was OK until the last letter on the
second sleeve.  The thread kept breaking.  Other times I have seen little rings
of glue on the needle from the sticky backing, so I ran my fingers down the
needle to see if I could feel anything.  It was smooth, but the thread
continued to break.  I took out the needle and noticed that while the outside
of the needle was clean, the front groove was totally gunked!  Ran an old
needle down the groove a few times and put it back in.  No more problem!

David Sklar
Ballyhoo!
Arlington, VA