[amayausers.com] Re: Startup Advise...

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:49:18 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/10/122/2.html#000021

Melco will sell an extended warranty for their machines. The machine will have
to be checked out by a certified Melco technician. If the machine is found
"not" be in top notch running condition, the tech will  report to Melco and it
will have to be brought up to spec prior to Melco allowing an extended warranty
to be applied to that machine.

Melco discontinued transferring the remainder of any warranty period some time
ago. The decision to do this was not based on trying to discourage folks from
buying a used machine vs a new machine. True to the fact, you, as the purchaser
of a used machine, must factor in the overall difference in cost between paying
for the registration and service fees plus buying an extended warranty vs
buying a new machine. For administration purposes, transferring warranties and
keeping track of all the problems just became extremely troublesome. The side
effect, of course, did result in folks buying a used machine having to factor
in service calls, registration fees and the extended warranty costs. But, those
costs are negotiable between the parties. Even when buying a new car, just as
soon as you drive it off the lot, you have just lost a bundle if you try to
sell or trade it back in.....that is just the way it is....

Believe me when I say that through-out my travels over the past several years,
Sharon and I have seen some badly abused machines. These machines did not have
"defective parts" on them that any warranty would cover, they were just plain
dirty with very poor lubrication practices applied to them.

Now the differences between the Bravo vs the XTS amounts to "bells and
whistles". There are numerous differences, machine speeds, hoop size limitation
for both caps and flat hooping, etc, etc, etc. It is no different than when
buying the Design Shop software between DS Lite, DS, DS Pro or DS Pro+. As you
add the "bells and whistles" in the upper levels, the cost will go up. The
Bravo is intended to compete as an entry level machine within todays market. It
does far exceed the overall capability of what the  top of the line "home
embroidery" machines on the market today offer, at a competitive price.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer