[amayausers.com] Re: Stabilizer sizes = questions pls

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:04:12 UT

This message was posted by Ballyhoo on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/386.html#000005

I generally buy the pre-cut stabilizers and use a HoopMaster with 12 and 15 cm
fixtures.  I have 6x6 sheets for the 12 cm.  I buy 7, 7.5, or 8" sheets for the
15 cm hoop depending on what costs less.  I find that the 8x8 is sometimes too
big (due to the inaccuracies in the cutting) to fit in the fixture without
having to fold one side.  The 7.5 just fits in the 18cm hoop but you have to be
very precise or you don't get an edge.  Question:  The hoops are generally
round... why 7.5x8?

David Sklar
Ballyhoo!