[amayausers.com] Re: Some puckering happening - Help!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:01:19 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/330.html#000001

Hi Debbie,
Yes, hooping too tightly will definitely cause puckering.  Nylon is a difficult
fabric because it is so thin anyway.  You shouldn't need Solvy at all.  If you
can lighten the density in those areas of your design, do so.  The 70/10 needle
should be ok--I use 65/9 sharp if possible. I may disagree with the heavy
backing.  I try to use the same weight of backing as the garment I am sewing on
so I would probably use 2 layers of Poly-Mesh crosshatched.  Hope some of these
combinations will work for you.
Sharon