[amayausers.com] Re: Small Business Embroidery Shops & the CA Garment Manufacturers License

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Heat_Transfers_For_Desktop_Printers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Heat_Transfers_For_Desktop_Printers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Amaya List <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 08:56:38 +0000

Jan,

My goodness!!
$25 bucks and you have to take an exam too?

I did a quick Google search and this is what I found.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/howtoobtaingarmentregistration.htm

Better to know in advance rather than after it's too late.

Ed

-------------- Original message from Oak Tree Embroidery <jcalahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------

Just wanted to let all the California Businesses know about this new Facebook site that was just put up by a local tech.
I had, not until recently, realized that this was now including all embroidery and screen print shops. There were rumors, but every time I checked it out, it seemed it didn't include my type of business. They are making surprise visits in the Bay Area shutting people down right and left.
Just wanted to let you all know about it, and I personally will appreciate any insight that I can gain from this. I suppose I will be down filling out the application this week, mostly out of fear. I am also contacting my local representatives to ask what is going on.

"I found out about some information I wanted to share with you.
It is regarding the California labor code requiring Embroiders &
Screen Printers to have a Garment Manufacturing License.
People have had their business shut down for 30 days because of this.
I have started a FaceBook page to share information on this subject.
Please check it out, it is very serious matter.

In the Facebook search type in -
Small Business Embroidery Shops & the CA Garment Manufacturers License"

Jan

Oak Tree Embroidery