[amayausers] Re: Skinny Columns

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:14:21 UT

This message was posted by Aaron on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/213.html#000003

One thing I have seen time and time again is someone new that gets into this
business expects that because they buy a 10-14 thousand dollar machine and then
spend another 4-8k on software that all they have to do is type something into
the software, send it to the machine, hoop a garment and press start.  Anyone
who beleives or is told it is that easy has a real eye opener coming.  It is
not melcos job to put out material to show you every facet of how to do
embroidery.  They do training and have books to help understand functions and
such but not necessarily to walk you through everything to be an embroiderer.

As a new embroiderer I would strongly suggest that you get a good digitizer and
sub-out your digitizing for a while so you CAN put out great embroidery work
and you just need to learn hooping, backings, threads, needles, etc.  Once you
get a good feel for that then start doing more and more of your own setup and
you will have a better understanding of how your machine sews and intreprets
the setup.  I have been embroidering for 10 years and I can do setup pretty
well for never having any formal training in digitizing but I sub out over
$1,000 a month in digitizing not only because it gives me the time I need to
sew but also because the professional digitized designs normally do look better
than when I do it myself although I do setup many simple designs on my own.  i
do most designs that are text only and names and stock font stuff which is good
to learn and start with but don't be afraid to let the professionals help you
out with designs until you are well versed and capable
  of putting out great work.  Charge the customers for the setup, its just part
of ding business.