[amayausers] Re: Size % to order

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:27:57 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/8/23.html#000002

More info... for straight out giveaways (open house, radio station remote
broadcast, etc.) we started our teeshirt screening doing all the shirts for one
station-paid for equipment, supplies, etc.
Every week they gave away a couple hundred shirts.
Large and extra large only...nothing else!
40 large to 60 extralarge.
Carshows, etc. we've done-same thing. Forget the other sizes...unless they need
small shirts for 'some' kids. (see my first note).
If they are going to SELL the shirts...is the design aimed at kids or adults
and what age bracket? That determines your market 'size' range.
If this will result in 'repeat' orders, OR if you have it spread over a week
and it is a 'stock' color (white, black, ash) like a county fair-I"ve done half
the shirts they think they want-and we talk on monday, after the first
weekend-and figure out the size scale for the second half from what sold the
first weekend. That way, less waste. Less waste, happy customer, see them again
next year.
Too many left over-they ordered the wrong sizes, guess who they blame. No
matter what -YOU get the blame and next year they go to the competition. So do
the best you can to figure out what they really need!