[amayausers.com] Re: Single head production limits

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:09:27 UT

This message was posted by Steve on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/10/99.html#000001

Since you are in Spain and I'm in the United States, I can only tell you how it
is done here. We have "Contract embroiderers" that specialize in doing this.
There is one company here that has 900 heads. Most have a minimum charge (for
those designs that are 1000 stitches.) They usually charge by the stitch count
and quantity. Obviously, someone getting 5000 pieces is going to be less per
piece than 500 pieces. My suggestion is to find a local contract embroiderer or
two that has at least 50 heads to handle large orders then mark it so you can
quote and make money off those 5000 piece orders. The contract embroiderers
usually have 12, 15, 20, and 30 head machines. Although most are going away
from 30 heads because its hard for them to make money off of those when a
thread breaks or switching garments when the design ends. Too much down-time.