[amayausers.com] Re: Single Needle Abuse

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:53:21 UT

This message was posted by Steve I on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/291.html#000003

Tom,

If you were to divide the 4 million stitches (suggested maint. for needle bar
oiling) equally between the 16 needles you would get 250K stitches per needle.
You could oil that particular needle bar more often than that if you felt
compelled to do so.  You can also over oil your machines.  As far as how often
you should change the needle, your sew quality and number of thread breaks
should be a guide for you there.  You cold also load a couple of extra spools
of the same color on alternate needle and set them up for backup needles so you
won't be bothered with thread breaks and you can spread the work over a couple
of different needles.

I sew about 2,000,000 stitches a day with 8 AMAYAs, I stick to the recommended
maint. schedule and oil the hook more often.  I have never had a problem with
needle bars drying out.

Steve
Trinity Embroidery