[amayausers] Shop Pics / Shop Heat

  • From: "John Yaglenski" <j.yaglenski@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 13:55:47 -0400

Hey all:

We havn't done much of this yet, but I thought I would send along pics of
our shop setup.  Would be nice to see some of your shops as well to check
out how you set them up - and get ideas (whether they be in your house or
store front).

See http://flickr.com/photos/levelbest/sets/72057594071145755/

Also of note, our dedicated space would always get very hot when we were
running the machines and such.  Didn't really think much about it but we had
10 overhead floodlights in the room... that's 10x65 watts of power for 650
watts of heat being thrown off by the bulbs.  Was in home depot yesterday
and they now how flourescent flood lights which run at all of 14.5 watts and
are cool to the touch the second you turn them off.  So I replaced 8 of the
10 (they had four packs for only $13) and left two normal floods for color
balancing purposes).  The room is now noticably cooler!  Running at 246
Watts instead - and we are getting the same amount of light (maybe even a
little more).  Two things of note... the flourescent floods take about 1-2
mins to get to their full brightness when turned on - and they are not
dimmable.

Anyway, thought I would share in case any of you had this issue.

John Yaglenski
Levelbest Embroidery

I:  <http://www.levelbest.com/> levelbestembroidery.com
P: 301.591.2481
P: 888.229.1779
F: 501.631.4544

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Levelbest,
immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an e-mail to
embsales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- and destroy all copies of this
message and any attachments.  Thank you.

-- Type: image/gif
-- File: embroidery.gif

-- Type: image/gif
-- File: Blank Bkgrd.gif