[amayausers.com] Re: Shirt Prices Mark Up?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 18:02:13 UT

This message was posted by Gabi Kat on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/10/97.html#000007

Signman -
My policy when client brings in the blank, I am not responsible for bad
sewouts. If the machine has it for lunch, I'm still paid for the embroidery.
They need to supply additional pieces if they need a total number. This is
because of the general lack of quality goods clients bring in thinking they are
saving money. At this time I show them a sample of what I would
supply/embroider with a cost that is generally within a few dollars of what
they are spending. They usually return the product they bought and end up
ordering shirts/emb'y from me.
If you can, have a couple of the "bad" exaples of previous client product to
show your client along with the quality exmples your shop provides close to
their final price point. It's a quick simple up sell and will keep your
reputaion in good standing(and save you time in the long run). Cause you know -
someone will see their poor quality shirt and ask where they got it. Your
client will say your shop and that could be a bad thing for you. You won't be
there to explain the client brought in the poor quality blank all you did was
the best that could be done with the poor quality product.
Happy Holidays
Gabi