[amayausers] Re: Sharing Success

  • From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:58:17 -0400

Bob:

Actually with these - I ran at 950.  The reason why is that the way I
designed the logo, if I ran it at higher speeds, the column width would get
wider and the stitch was less accurate.  I am crazy obsessive about
typography and the spacing between letters and words (it has to be just
perfect) and at 1050-1100 it would run fine but the letters started to get
too close for my liking.  I could have compensated in the design by
decreasing column width, but instead, 950 gave me the perfect amount of time
to take the hat off, get the next one hooped, cut one or two jumps and
attach our business card to each one thru one of the plastic eyelets in the
hat size adjuster.

I think also (from a techs point of view) that I need to tighten the tension
on our belts and my guess is that play at higher speeds will go away.

BTW, I am a redskins fan so the first 2 games have been painful.  Add to
that the fact that I am originally from Philly and root for the eagles as
well (don't get me started on how wrong it is to cheer for the redskins and
the eagles at the same time) and that game broke my heart.

But at least my princess delivered me 20 great looking hats!

JOHN