[amayausers.com] Re: Sewing on straw caps.

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 13:28:16 UT

This message was posted by Steve I on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1302.html#000004

I did some of these a few years ago on my EMT Machine. use 80/12 sharps, even
though it's paper the way it is woven tends to deflect the needle at the edges
of the strands. I would start out at about 600spm and go up from there.  Be
ready for some racket the "straw" is pretty hard. Adjust your density to get
just enough coverage, too dense will cut the hat.

Have fun,

Steve
Trinity Embroidery