[amayausers.com] Re: Sewing on Heavy Leather Vest

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 23:53:18 UT

This message was posted by Steve I on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/335.html#000002

Melco used to carry a tri-point or diamond point needle. You have to ask for
it.  When sewing leather the needle needs to cut a hole instead of punching a
hole.  Having said that, I have sewn many leather items with regular sharp
needles. These needles will have some trouble with the seams on leather either
breaking the needles the thread or skipping stitches.

Slow the machine down some and make sure your stitches are not too short or too
much density.

Steve
Trinity Embroidery