[amayausers.com] Re: Service Tecs in Kansas

  • From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:43:20 -0400

Hey Folks:

Just so you know - this conversation is going to the whole list.

- - - -
John Yaglenski
President / Chief Executive Officer
Levelbest Communications

Community Websites -   Graphic & Web Design - Strategic Marketing
  I: levelbest.com  / P: 301.591.2481 - 888.229.1779

Levelbest Network WebSites Include:
INTERCOT   |  WebDisney  |  AmayaUsers  |  INTERCOTwest
 Levelbest Embroidery  |  UrbanaMaryland  |  Mousehut

  This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Levelbest immediately --
by replying
to this message or by sending an e-mail to john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -- and destroy
all copies
of this message and any attachments. Thank you.

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 07:52:51 -0700
From: pineapple@xxxxxxxxx
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good morning
My name is Herman Wilson
I do travel all over the US In dec I was in Alaska
an about 3 week ago i was in Manhattan kansas then went to Garden City KS so I
do travel alot for melco even after your warranty is over
you can contact me at 303-279-5659

e3m@xxxxxxx wrote:

Ms. Barbara,
Last time I checked, Melco had about 45 contract technicians.  This doesn't
mean there is at least one in each state.  Some states have more than one tech
and others don't have any.  I cover about 3.5 to 4 states myself.  And from
what I hear, Melco lost 4 techs for 2009.  It's a combination of things but
mostly, if there isn't enough work to keep up busy, we seek out other types of
employment.
What happen to Mike Malmin.  His wife works at Melco as well.  Did they move??
Or did you move??
I thought you were in Kansas??
Herman Wilson is a very nice guy.  I know him well.  Yes, he does travel to
other states but then again, so do a lot of other techs too.  Just like myself.
 I'm willing to go to just about any state if my schedule permits and the
customer is willing to cover the travel expense.  While you are under warranty
(90 days) Melco is responsible for covering the travel charges no matter where
you live in the US but that part of the warranty expires after the first three
months.  Of course this is common for just about all the embroidery companies
out there.
Just curious, if a Melco certified tech is determined not to be close enough to
purchase an Amaya, what would be your next brand of choice?  Meaning, what
other company has representation closer to you?
I have to say, it's very wise of you guys to be doing your homework before you
buy.  Most people don't think about the importance of a tech until they need a
tech.  And to make things worse, they aren't considering the cost of a service
call in the prices they charge their customers.  Embroidery companies recommend
putting $50 - $100 bucks aside each month per head/machine for that inevidable
service call.  If you don't need the service call in one year, you're doing
good.  If you don't need a service call in two years, consider taking a luxury
cruise with the extra money.
As of now, I don't see anyone in the state of Kansas that is Melco certified
but that doesn't mean someone recently became a tech and I don't know about it.
 Of course that would also mean that tech would be a rookie too.
I'm really wondering what happen to Mike Malmin.

Ed
-------------- Original message from "Barbara Graham"
<gquackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------

> Hi Ed,
> I live in Colorado and have used Mike Malmin for the last 5 years. My
> sister and her 2 friends really want a Amaya and it would mean 3 total one
> for each of them, but they hesitate because of not being able to get
> service, I know someone there must do it. Please check for me and let me
> know if you find anyone closer than Mike, I know I think that Herman Miller
> is here and have talked to him some, and I know he does travel to other
> states. Thanks so much for your trouble.
> Thanks,
> Barbara
> gquackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn ?10 hidden secrets? from Jamie. Learn
Now