[amayausers.com] Re: Rotary hook timing/needle centering

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:53:10 UT

This message was posted by Maureen on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/733.html

Hi, I have one XT where the thread shreds while sewing - not enough to break,
but if you look at the surface of the embroidery you see little hairs or
fuzzes.  This started last year when a needle broke and the rotary hook was
knocked out of alignment and I had to loosen the little arm that to put it back
in place.  I changed all the needles and thread.  This happens on every needle.

I looked inside where the bobbin is held and there were little piece of colored
thread (so it's not bobbin thread) inside that area so the thread is shredding
inside too.  I ran the AMPASS test and there were no problems except for the
shredding.
Melco tech support suggests fixing the rotary hook timing and/or centering the
needles.  This sounds like something that a tech should be doing.  Can I cause
more damage by trying this myself?