[amayausers.com] Re: Roatary hook timing adjustment

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:56:43 UT

This message was posted by Bradley on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/540.html

Hello all,
My XT got a small piece of backing caught in the rotary hook and the machine
stopped.  I ended up having to remove the entire hook housing from the shaft
and take it apart to get all of the debris out. I carefully put the housing
back together and reinstalled it using another XT machine as a reference. I
know that I need to re adjust the timing and posttion using the closest needle
and some minute machine calibrations but I can not find how to do this in the
manual.  Since the housing was completlely removed from the shaft, am I in big
trouble?  Rod Springer showed me how to do this calibration once but of course
I have forgotten how.
 Also, The presser foot adjustment wheel on the same machine just moves freely
now with no ratcheting.  How can I fix that?
 Besides that, my three machines are working great and the only problems we
have is operator error from time to time. I am learning every day.

Cheers,
Brad Comstock
A Custom Thead