[amayausers.com] Re: Repeating colors

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 19:13:55 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/961.html#000004

Sorry, I am NOT going to sew out a 30 thou stitch design with only two colors,
but 20 color changes just to see if the color changes are working.  I can count
- 1,2,1,2,1,2 etc.  What happen, I think, is that it did not do color change
#17,  That would make it sewing out the wrong color and all colors after that
are wrong also.  I did have the correct number of color changes- right there in
black and white the changes listed as 1 thru 20 with needles only 1 and 2
alternating.  No mistakes.

The reason that I think that it has something to do with the Shadow function is
that the Blend function also has troubles.  If I want the colors to to out
correctly with a blend, as in a sky bleeding from orange to blue, I have to do
it as 2 separate objects and not use the automatic blend function. So, if Melco
did get that right, it is not a big stretch to think that the Shadow function
also has similar troubles - especially since it did have trouble.

In writing this down and thinking about it and how I CAN check it without
actually sewing it - which I won't ever do - I can Move to the next color and
see if it changes correctly.

I just did check and everything seems OK.  So I don't know what happened.  But
I am getting these jobs frequently enough to want to avoid the problem.  I
don't like going back and fixing things like that.

Juli