[amayausers] Re: Questions on patches,...

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 04:25:49 UT

This message was posted by Judy on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/134.html#000001

Hi.  I do a lot of patches, and I make the blanks myself.  Use any fabric as
long as it's heavy enough to support the weight of the design.  When I do
multiple patches that have a design (not just a name), I use the big hoop, and
fit in as many as I can.  I lay in the design and the outline stitch for the
patch.  After the designs are sewn and the outlines are sewn, cut them along
the stitching and finish them off using the applique method.  Works great.  For
finishing the edge of patches using applique method, I set the applique
properties to density 30 for the first go 'round, and normal density for the
second.  It seems to eliminate the patches curling.  HTH, Judy